Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The #@*king Annoying Bird

             In the poem, "A Minor Bird," Robert Frost use a continuous rhyme scheme and good writing devices to make the poem strong and beautiful. Frost makes such a small detail of his life into a descriptive analysis about the bird and his annoyance at it. The way the poem is written is very strong and makes you think, without him using strong words or talking about an overly fascinating topic. Frost uses a lot of literary devices in this poem to enhance the experience.
             Frost uses rhyme scheme throughout his poem a lot for rhythm and flow of the words. An example is, "I have wished a bird would fly away, / And not sing by my house all day." This is at the beginning of the poem when he introduces what is going on and his feelings against it. When reading those two lines it flows smoothly as you read instead of making you read it slow and methodically. There is a small amount of hyperbole because he says, "I could bear no more," when only a little bird is making noise throughout the day. This device enhances the writing because it makes the reader feel a little more interested with the over exaggerated feeling.
             This poem gave a strong impact on me because I can relate to it and see how it is related to the world. I definitely relate to it because I also get really pissed off at things that go on end for a long time and this makes me feel the annoyance he portrays in the character at the bird. It also can relate to the world as a whole because sometimes it is the little issues going on that can get people the most ticked off versus looking at everything as a whole and realizing how unimportant some things are. Like the poem at some point people realize why am I actually getting annoyed at this when really nothing is wrong with it or it is so minor compared to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.