Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lonely Competitor

           In the book, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, by J.K. Rowling, a lot of people are against Harry and putting him down, but he stays strong and tries his best not to let any of the insults and jeering get to him. Even some of the people he knows well and for a long time were being rude just because his name somehow got put into the Goblet of Fire. Some of the students that were going against Harry took it to extreme levels for no reason except for a few laughs.
           An example of how students took making fun of him extreme was when some Slytherin students actually made magical buttons to wear on your shirt that say, "Potter Stinks," and a few other rude messages. Pg. 298 "The Slytherins howled with laughter. Each of them pressed their badges too, until the message POTTER STINKS was shining brightly all around Harry." They look at him all day, pressing the button to change the writing on it, and laughing at him as heat from anger rises in his body. After days of being tortured about being part of the competition, I was surprised to see that the worst he did was a little spell at Malfoy which wasn't even a very serious spell.
           Something else that is a big deal for him is how people are starting to shun him. Even worse, a lot of the people in Gryffindor are not talking to him or being rude. Worst of all, Ron, one of his two best friends is ignoring him because he is pissed that Harry joined it and blames Harry for putting his name in. I can only imagine how bad Harry must feel for almost everyone except Hermione, to not want to hang out with anymore or for them to be rude to him and make him feel bad even though he truthfully didn't enter his name in. If I were in his situation right now I would feel very lonely and sad and just really wish people would just believe me when I would say "I didn't enter my name!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.