This week my blog post is on a piece of art that I selected from the MoMa collection and what feelings and ideas it provoked in me. The piece of art doesn't have a name though it is from "88 Maps". I chose this while looking through the gallery because it came out to me because it is specifically made ideas in it yet it is abstract because it isn't actually anything specifically made. My theory is that in one it shows a man who is unsure of himself and the other man on the right is more aware and feels safe. I also think that the guy on the right has many beliefs such as heaven and hell.I thought that the first man was unsure of himself and unaware because it was all white and and not certain making it feel like the middle of nowhere (lost). The other side is more filled with colors like a blue sky and green grass and feels more secure with a more certain idea of where he is standing. With more features included the man feels more aware and grounded with himself. I also think that the white mass or circle above him might be heaven/ holy and the red below him at the bottom of the ground is hell. These are his beliefs showing in the picture because he is sure of what he believes.
I think that this photo connects to me because sometimes I feel like both of the men in the photo. I feel lost and nowhere with out any comfort and confidence. I also can feel very on top of things and aware and I do have my own beliefs and ideas of things like religion. I think this photo connects to the world because throughout the world there are a lot of people who definetly take sides on religion and each person thinks and acts uniquely from one another.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.